At the end of my previous blog post, I mentioned about some new equipment heading my way. It has now arrived and it has made cutting fabric so much quicker and easier. The equipment is a rotary cutter, a cutting board and a giant Shape Cut ruler, which has slits cut inside it to let you cut various widths of fabric.… Click here to read more
This week has been all about soy wax. Many tealight candles and wax melts have been made, ready for my next craft fair this weekend. The scented tealights have stayed the same but the unscented tealights are now going to be packs of 9. More colours can now be put together to create a really colourful pack of candles.
As well as making the wax melts below, I’ve also made and tested a wax melt with a new fragrance – forest fruits.… Click here to read more
There’s not been any brand new makes this week. Just quite a few tealights made, each with the two-tone colour scheme that all my scented candles will have.
When making tealight candles, I almost always end up with a tiny bit of melted wax left over. Since this time there were nine different batches of scented tealights, this extra wax would build up quite a bit, so instead all the extra drips of wax were poured into a glass mould and a little multi-scented candle wax born.… Click here to read more
Last week I mentioned having some problems with sewing some heart themed coasters. This week has been more successful with those. After looking up tutorials on sewing with fleece and a bit of playing around with my sewing machines settings, I managed to get stitching that looks just right without any threads snapping.
Before I made these though, I practised on a project that’s been on my to-do list for a while - a sewing machine caddy to hold my tools and for somewhere to put any loose bits of thread that get cut off.… Click here to read more