It was meant to hold my camera, but it didn’t turn out that way.
Firstly, thank you for all the comments and encouragement for last week’s blog post. This new craft is quite new to me so your comments are very much appreciated.
This week, between periods of paperwork, I’ve been experimenting more with my new sewing machine. After a bit of testing and trying, how to use the pattern cams is no longer a mystery. Turns out I was quite close to figuring it out early on, but then I went a different direction with my experimenting
Now I can do all sorts of decorative stitching, once I’ve mastered regular stitching.
I’ve also been going through a whole stash of fabric given to me by my grandmother. I can’t thank her enough for her help in my start in sewing. She has given so much help and advice as well as fabric. The fabrics have been getting matched up in sets of three, putting together colours and fabrics that seem to go well together, so that more coasters can be made.
My digital camera normally lives in the box it came in to stop it getting damaged. For a bit of practice, I thought that I would try sewing together a case for it, using some dark blue and gold scrap fabric for the outside and a pale blue fabric for the lining. I thought that I had measured out enough fabric, yet I seemed to go on a hemming frenzy and hemmed the bits of fabric I cut out. Due to this, when it came to the finished product It was too small for my camera. It however is just the right size for my mobile.
This experience just shows that it’s a good idea to try out your ideas on scraps first before making the real thing
Time to head over to Handmade Monday which is celebrating it’s 100th week! Hope there is plenty of cake