A bit of an interesting week.
The last three of the soy candle scents I mentioned last week have been tested. The chocolate fudge and strudel & spice smelled nice but were not as strong as I had hoped for, so more testing will be required. The nag champa however had a wonderful strong scent. However, during the test burning, the nag champa candle changed from a tiny flame coming from the wick, to the whole top surface of the candle being on fire. Through all my different combinations of scents, colours and styles, this have never happened to me before.
After blowing out the candle and letting it cool, I noticed that the wax was now a dark greeny blue colour. Quite strange as no dye was added to the candle and the scent was colourless. To find the cause will require more experimentation.
This week I have been making some more coasters with fabrics in shades of green, brown and pink. During the sewing however, somehow I end up missing some edges of the fabric altogether, sometimes several times, meaning that I had a lot of unpicking to do. It just hasn’t been my week for sewing. Eventually I managed to get a set of fours coasters made. The fronts are made from two different floral fabrics. The back is a plain blue fabric with some decorative stitching on it in a contrasting red thread.
Hope your week has been better readers.