Been a busy week of trying new things and getting new materials.
Welcome everyone. A word of warning to those with slow Internet speeds. This blog post has a lot of images so it may load slow.
After the comments received a few weeks ago about the coloured scented candles I was testing and a idea from Simmi of Grace’s Favours, I set out to make some packs of tealight candles with different colours in each pack. I was aiming for subtle, pastel shades but I think I added a bit more dye than I intended.
As well as my experiments creating coasters, I have wanted to make sets of fabric placemats to match with the coasters too. Here is my first attempt at making one.
I took this opportunity to try out my new twin needle.
For some reason, some stitches got skipped with one side of the needle only.
This was also my first attempt at making and attaching binding.
Another reason for making this was because a while ago, Wendy of Handmade Harbour had a week of giveaways. One of the giveaways was for a Abakhan gift voucher which I won. To enter, I had to say what I would use the voucher for and I said I would use it to buy fabric to make some placemats. After viewing their website, as usual I ended up spending quite a bit more than I expected. There was just so many things I liked. This week my order arrived.
For some reason I only received one cone adapter when I had ordered two. Also with my order I received an extra piece of fabric that I had not ordered.
I have also been out buying supplies in town this week, where I bought some wadding and many sheets of coloured felt.
As for what this felt will be turned into, all will be revealed in the near future.